Friday, June 28, 2013

Challenging summer - but in all the best ways!

It's almost the end of June - wow - where did it go?

The month and summer season started with a bang with my participation in the Worcester StART festival on June 2nd. We had gale force winds and a hot day to contend with, and I was very lucky to have my daughter visiting and cheerfully helping me with all that a big show like that takes.

Here she is literally holding down the fort :) thank you thank you Leilah <3 for your support in the face of challenge. We made little in sales but a wealth of experience and I'm glad we did it.

Since then I've been getting ready for my solo exhibition at the Westhampton Library which opens on Monday, July 1st and runs through the month - and have had fun finishing two new ambitious pieces

FLY - a message to me?

and Yellow Sky - an ode to the mountains of NH and the sunsets of Cape Cod all rolled into one

as I work through each piece, I discover a bit more about myself and this wonderful journey I'm on! and I marvel at the creative juices that flow and how each piece is so uniquely expressive.

To top it off I had to just laugh the other day at the messages the universe sends me when I least expect it.  Hearing some noise in my front yard, I looked out the window to discover the town dept of public works installing a sign in my front yard


YES! - I know!! - Becoming the successful artist I intend to be will take work and I AM up for the job, just have to keep on working everyday.....

No fear is the only way I will get there :)  just thankful it wasn't a Stop sign - LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment