Friday, February 25, 2011

Exciting stores in NYC

With my new emphasis on thinking about my future biz, I've been making some new connections in NYC.

1st stop - Found a store that gives upholstery lessons  and put my name on the waiting list....though it sounds like it might be a long time coming before they give another class. The star of the show is off shooting a segment for a tv show? That should be interesting.

2nd stop - A friend at work took me to her favorite button and trimmings store on 6th and 37th - and I spent a good deal of time mesmerized by all the beautiful trims and braids and bead work and lace and fringe, and anything else you could possibly want to embellish something. I am going to have fun in that store when I figure out what I want to do with all of the possibility that resides there.

3rd stop - Sitting on the subway on my way to work I envision beautiful completed works of art - that is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment