Friday, May 17, 2013

Here is what I didn't get to say during my television debut!

whooo hoooo - that was fun! -

This last Wednesday I went in to the Channel 22 studios and was part of the live MassAppeal show - a 5 minute spot that was so fun to shoot and much easier than I anticipated!



You can watch the video here: http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/mass_appeal/design/breath-new-life-into-old-furniture-with-paint

and below are the things I didn't have a chance to say (5 minutes is a very short time!!)
  • Very important to wipe off the residue from sanding at every stage - either with a wet clean cloth or with tacky cloth which can be purchased at your local hardware store
  • Also important to let each coat of primer, paint or finish dry completely before moving on to the next coat - I've learned the hard way and spoiled more than one piece by going too fast
  • When buying products to use, read the labels carefully, follow all directions, and ask your local hardware store for advice
  • Most final finishes need more than one coat!
  • I use latex paint for the solid colors and when doing decorative painting I use acrylic paint
  • I know it looks easy but I've had a lot of practice - do not try this on your favorite piece of furniture for the first time!
Many thanks to Mass Appeal producer, staff and hosts! You made it so easy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment